Tuesday, September 28, 2010

General Updates... mid semester (just about)

Hey lovers.




Jump rings. I started making silver ones because I had a good amount of silver wire (and now that I know how to draw wire, I'm going to draw it down to 20ga for my smaller jump rings.

Just some pictures... and my nonsensical sketchbook.







These are all my sketches for my revised (or rather, completely redone) J3 piece. The first one was too conventional... I like conventional. A lot. And I like literal (to a point). But eyyy, it's all about pushing your limits and stepping out of your comfort zone. In the end, this is going to be a multi-pieced neckpiece that reaches to the ear. It began in the sketches as a connection from the ear to the shoulder all the way down the arm but I ended up really hating that for this topic. I would like to do that for another topic though.

I'm working on the detail of attachment and connection of the multiple pieces. I started with a chain but Jan suggested I try a mix of something else. I NEVER mix media... so off I go now, with red leather, maybe?



I found a die-formed potato chip! :)

+Love+

1 comment:

  1. the pictures that you took especially the one with all the circles and jumprings are going amazing. i love how you took them. great job

    ReplyDelete