Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Projects.

Hey lovers.

I'm working on a couple of new projects.

Since yesterday, I've drawn up measurements in my sketchbook. And below each one is a picture of what I used as my references. The measurements and pieces, I figured out myself.

You can click them to look at them larger.


And of course I have to credit YellowGoat for the whole thing. I mean I've seen stuff like this before, but I never really thought about putting it together until I saw these, because the pictures were close enough for me to figure it out.

I might try to solder it all together at home with the torch we have but I don't know if that'll work because it's such a big torch, and I don't know if the air pressure would blow away my pieces.

Another thing I've started is more of a decorative piece, I guess. I had a picture of what I saw at Urban Outfitters that inspired me but I think it's on Cecilia's memory card... I hope she didn't delete it.

Anyways:


It wasn't originally supposed to be broken but one day I was stupidly kneeling on the shadow box and broke it. I put almost all the pieces together but I had trouble with two corners so I took some pieces out and ended up liking it better anyway. I'm going to line the inside with the pattern and attach mini lights to the corners to highlight the center piece, which I have yet to decide.

And this is something I saw at Anthropolgie that I really liked and want to replicate.

I'm so ADD about projects. I keep jumping from one to another, but I guess it's good haha I haven a lot of things I have always wanted to do and now I'm doing it because I'm so bored at home. I have a bunch of other jewelry ideas that I'm really loving from Blind Spot Jewelry. I've just been studying his photos on Flickr because he's fantastic about details.

I can't wait to finish it all! And I've found a tip for a finish on metals other than silver, so I can wear it with it tarnishing.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

+Love+

P.S. I've finally put together my new 365 Photo project. Check it:
http://catherinephung365.blogspot.com/


Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would bring me back to you
"Sunday Morning" - Maroon 5

No comments:

Post a Comment