Sunday, October 11, 2009

In the Event of a Creative Block...

Hey lovers.

...blogging is good. Imabigdork. I can't concentrate on what I want to do for my Jewelry/Metals project.

I spent a good amount of time on this one. For Intro to Comp. Media, we had to take a photo and block out the 3 basic shades of gray in a different color. I don't know what you'd call that- I'm sure there's some technical term.

In any event, here's what happened.





In the second one, the colors were way too high in contrast, and I blocked out more information than I should have. I noticed that- however, Sam was the one to suggest that I change the color or the shades. It turned out great! I hated it at first until then. And I decided not to go into too much detail with the shirt because it would have been too distracting.

I've been brainstorming for literally hours- since probably about 3PM today, trying to figure out what to do for my pop-up lighting project. The idea is to have a flat-pack product, and we're using Ponoko.com to have pieces laser cut. It's really a lot of fun and I'm really excited. And it's really getting expensive. Oh well, I won't get much more of an opportunity when I really get into my digital classes.

So basically, just think of MIO's Bendant Lamp. And Ikea's Knappa lamp. The pieces will come flat and can be put together. My project can't exactly be manipulated because of the constraints of the materials I wanna use (acrylic, maybe delrin). However, I've started considering felt. Which sounds very arts-and-craftsy, but if I can get the idea down...

Sketches later!

She could paint the sweetest pictures
All that were all animated by contaminated lies
Before you knew it you were missing
Find yourself whispering her name
Playing all her games
I’m not the only one who wants to get away
It’s too easy just to stay
-The Gabe Dixon Band

+Love+

No comments:

Post a Comment